Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Falling off a Lidge


Well, the Brad Lidge experiment got off to a terrible start last night in Houston. The Astros' hard-throwing righty surrendered a game-tying homerun to Oakland's Mark Kotsay leading off the 9th inning, as he sought his first save of the season. The Astros later won the game, but I know Lidge's BS (blown save) is certainly upsetting to those owners who plugged him back in upon hearing about his return to the closer's role (I picked him up just in time to insert him into one of my lineups).

But don't worry - I'm not going back on my promise to aid my fellow owners in the saves category. Give Lidge a chance to get reacquainted with the 9th inning before you dump him. Elsewhere in closer news, it looks like Huston Street won't be back by the All-Star break as the A's had hoped. That means Alan Embree will be assured of more time at closer - at least until the A's make a move. Who knows? Maybe the A's will trade for Brad Lidge (as long as Billy Beane doesn't have to pay him).

AA

No comments: