Friday, June 8, 2007

The Dave Letourneau Special

Dave Letourneau is an outstanding videographer for Comcast SportsNet. Much to my chagrin, he's also an Angels' fan.

But his west coast bias is not without an upside, as he tells me I should spread the word about Casey Kotchman. Kotchman plays first base in Anaheim, even though his team calls itself the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim," which I'm still trying to figure out.

Anyway, I looked into it and it turns out Kotchman is having a very nice season for the Halos. Coming into today (June 8th), he boasts a .315 average, with 7 homers and 30 RBI.

I belong to three different fantasy leagues, two of which have 12 teams and one of which has 11. Kotchman is available in two of the three leagues. That's pretty good.

Kotchman may be even more attractive if you you're in specialty league, such as an A.L. Only fantasy league, or one in which stats like OBP and OPS are counted.

One thing you should be aware of is that Kotchman was diagnosed with mononucleosis during spring training, which likely attributed to his slow start in 2007. But as long you keep at an arm's length, you should be fine.

AA

No comments: